The PHS Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals has been updated. The 2015 revision reflects the following changes:
- adoption of the 8th Edition of the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals;
- implementation of the 2013 Edition of the AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals;
- modification to footnotes 2, 7, 9, 11, and 13 requiring that PHS-Assured institutions comply with USDA regulations that are applicable to their programs;
- change in OLAW contact information; and
- minor grammatical corrections.