Virtual NIH Grants Conference
& PreCon Events
We hope you enjoyed the 2022-2023 conference season!
RESOURCES AND FUTURE EVENT INFORMATION:
All 2-day conference and precon event resources from the 2022-2023 season are now available!
Join the NIH Grants Events ListServ and receive updates on upcoming events!
RESOURCES FROM THE 2022-2023 CONFERENCE SEASON ARE AVAILABLE BELOW!
Don't Miss Out on Future Events: Join the NIH Grants Events ListServ to stay informed!
Explore the 2022-2023 NIH Grants Conference & PreCon Events
Who is Our Audience?
Research Administrators, Researchers, Grant Writers, PostDocs, Trainees, and others in the research community.
- Are you new to working with the NIH Grants Process? These event resources are perfect for you!
- More experienced with the NIH? We're providing valuable resources and contacts for you too!
Although the 2022-2023 conference season is over, you can still explore the agenda, find the related recordings, & search for contacts.
2-Day Virtual Conference
NIH Grants Conference: Wednesday, February 1 - Thursday, February 2
Experience the NIH Grants Conference first-hand…there is no other event that brings hundreds of NIH experts and others in the research community together like this event!
- 25 Sessions with live Q&A
Session resources now available!
- 45 NIH Institute and Office Exhibitors
- NIH Program, Grants Management, Review, & Policy Officials
- 1:1 Meet the Experts chats
- Peer-to-Peer Networking opportunities
- Downloadable resources
- And so much more!
View all the details and get ready for the 2023-2024 events!
Registration is closed but you can stay in the loop by joining the NIH Grants Events ListServ for updates and reminders!
August 2022 – January 2023
Ready for a deeper dive into a variety of NIH grant topics and policies?
Take a look at our 2-Day NIH Grants Conference line-up:
- Monthly topic-focused virtual events
- Greater insight into policy and processes
- Invaluable guidance from NIH experts and special guests
- Engaging and interactive presentations, panels, & discussions
Conference Calendar of Events
All events are scheduled in the Eastern Time Zone.
Did you know that you can get up to $100K of student debt paid with a two-year award from the NIH Loan Repayment Programs (LRPs)? Join LRP experts as they discuss the opportunities and hear from LRP Ambassadors who will provide their perspectives and experiences working with the NIH LRPs. The next application LRP cycle opens on September 1, so don't miss your opportunity to learn more about these valuable awards!
1:00PM - 3:30PM
The NIH offers a variety of Fellowships and Career Development Awards that may be a right fit with your research career goals. Our experts will provide an overview of opportunities for early-career scientists, discuss how networking and mentoring can strengthen your chances for success, and guidance on finding the resources to help.
- Session Recording - Early Career Opportunities (YouTube)
- Session Transcript - Early Career Opportunities (Word)
- Presentations (PowerPoint)
2:00PM - 4:00PM
What is research misconduct and how do you distinguish it from detrimental research practices? Research Integrity Officers from HHS and NIH will help answer this question and more, as they discuss regulations, an institution's responsibilities, and ways to avoid misconduct in research at all! Experts will explore interpersonal, institutional, and professional responsibilities in the overall ethical conduct of research during presentations, case studies, and discussions with the audience.
11:00AM - 3:30PM
Whether you are from a domestic institution considering partnering with an overseas research organization or you are an international researcher working through the grant application process, this event will provide you with valuable tools, policies, and guidance. Administrative and programmatic aspects of the application process will be shared, as well as considerations for building a partnership.
- Session Recording - International Collaborations: Policies, Processes, & Partnerships (YouTube)
- Presentations (PowerPoint)
- Slideset - Understanding International Collaborations
- Slideset - Sub Award Agreements: Requirements and Case Studies
- Slideset - A Walk-Through of the Federal Financial Report (FFR)
- Slideset - Collaborating and Partnering with Foreign Entities from a Scientific Perspective
- Slideset - Foreign Interference
- Slideset - Building a Successful Program to Support International Collaborations
- Session Transcript - International Collaborations (Word)
12:00PM - 4:00PM
What are the basic HHS and NIH policies that apply to research involving human subjects, including clinical trials? How do you prepare a research proposal for review that addresses the regulatory requirements? What are some strategies for developing realistic and scientifically acceptable inclusion plans? Answers to these questions are just a few of the valuable take-aways you'll gain from this event. HHS and NIH experts will share policies, resources, guidance, and case studies in this informative and engaging event.
Experience the NIH Grants 2023 Virtual NIH Grants Conference to NIH Grants Conference: Funding, Policies, & Processes
Session resources now available!
After exploring all of the opportunities the NIH Grants Conference and PreCon Events offer if you still have questions…we've got you covered! Visit the conference Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page for topics such as registration, resources, networking, accessibility, and more.
The NIH Office of Extramural Research strives to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals to engage and participate fully. All presentations during the NIH Grants Conference and Pre-Con Events will include closed captions and ASL interpreters. In addition, look for this icon when navigating the virtual conference platform. It will allow you to customize the online conference pages to be more accessible based on needs.
NIH will monitor content shared and may delete content constituting unacceptable behavior, and/or expel participants exhibiting
unacceptable behavior from the virtual event for violations of the Code of Conduct.
Ready to learn more? Stay in the loop of upcoming NIH grants virtual events by joining our ListServ.