We are continuously working to enhance scientific rigor and transparency in biomedical research. Learn more about the timeline of our efforts.
December 3, 2019
|September 14, 2018||
|May 31, 2017||
|December 17, 2015||
|December 15, 2015||
|October 13, 2015||
|June 9, 2015||
September 20, 2023
August 14, 2023
February 10, 2023
June 9, 2021
June 23, 2020
December 13, 2018
Resources for Rigorous Research, Dr. Mike Lauer
July 2, 2018:
January 29, 2016: A series of Open Mike blog posts on each of the four focus areas of the rigor and transparency policy for research grant and career development award applications:
- Scientific Premise in NIH Grant Applications ,
- Scientific Rigor in NIH Grant Applications ,
- Consideration of Relevant Biological Variables in NIH Grant Applications ,
- Authentication of Key Biological and/or Chemical Resources in NIH Grant Applications .
October 30, 2015:
- Bolstering Trust in Science through Rigorous Standards . “Open Mike” , Dr. Mike Lauer.
June 9, 2015
- Enhancing Reproducibility in NIH-supported Research through Rigor and Transparency , “Rock Talk” , Dr. Sally Rockey and Dr. Larry Tabak.
May 20, 2015
- Listening to Our Stakeholders On Considering Sex as a Biological Variable, “Rock Talk” and ORWH , Dr. Sally Rockey & Dr. Janine Clayton.
- eLife Article: “Framework for advancing rigorous research” Koroshetz, et al., 03/04/2020
- J Womens Health (Larchmt) Special: “Sex as a Biological Variable: A 5-Year Progress Report and Call to Action” Arnegard, et al. 01/22/2020
- FASEB Journal Life Sciences Forums: "Studying both sexes: a guiding principle for biomedicine" Clayton 10/29/2015
- Science Perspectives: "Fixing problems with cell lines" Lorsch, Collins & Lippincott-Schwartz, 12/19/2014
- Science Editorial: "Journals Unite for Reproducibility" 11/07/2014
- Nature Commentary: "Policy: NIH to balance sex in cell and animal studies" Clayton & Collins, 05/14/2014
- Nature Commentary: "Policy: NIH plans to enhance reproducibility" Collins & Tabak, 01/27/2014
- Nature Perspectives: "A call for transparent reporting to optimize the predictive value of preclinical research" Landis, et al., 10/10/2012