Learn about the new Human Subjects and Clinical Trials Information form for all contract proposals for Requests for Proposals issued as of January 25, 2018 and grant application packages for all human subjects and/or clinical trial research applications for due dates on and after January 25, 2018.
A primary component of NIH’s initiative to enhance the stewardship of clinical trials is the creation of a new application form that consolidates all Human Subjects and Clinical Trial related information into one place, and also expands the information required for studies that meet the NIH definition of a clinical trial. This new form is included in the FORMS-E Application Packages to be used for all due dates on or after January 25, 2018 and should be used for all human subject contract proposals responding to Requests for Proposals issued as of January 25, 2018.
The most significant change with the FORMS-E Application Package is the addition of a new PHS Human Subjects and Clinical Trials Information form. This form consolidates human subjects, inclusion enrollment, and clinical trial information previously collected across multiple agency forms. The form collects information on human subjects and clinical trials at the study level.
- Leads applicants through the human subject and clinical trial information collection requirements
- Expands the use of discrete form fields to capture clinical trial information to provide the level of detail needed for peer review
- Presents key information to reviewers and agency staff in a consistent format
- Aligns with ClinicalTrials.gov (where possible) and positions the NIH for future data exchange with ClinicalTrials.gov
Application Form Instructions for Forms E (see section G. 500 for PHS Human Subjects and Clinical Trial Information Form). HTML/PDF
- Take a video tour of the new form.
Annotated Form Sets for NIH Grant Applications - FORMS-E Series
- High Level Summary of Form Changes: FORMS-E to learn about other form changes.