The integrity of research is based on adherence to core values—objectivity, honesty, openness, fairness, accountability, and stewardship. - NASEM report on Fostering Integrity in Research (2017)
To report research misconduct, and for any questions or comments on research integrity, contact OER-RI.
Policies and Regulations
- Public Health Service (PHS) Policies on Research Misconduct; 42 CFR Part 93
- NIH Requirement for Instruction in the Responsible Conduct of Research
- NIH Policies and Procedures for Promoting Scientific Integrity, November 2012
- ORI's Guidelines for Institutions and Whistleblowers: Responding to Possible Retaliation Against Whistleblowers in Extramural Research
- NIH Grants Policy Statement on Special Award Conditions and Enforcement Awards
- Requirements for Making a Finding of Research Misconduct
- NIH Process for Handling Research Misconduct Allegations
- What Happens if there is a Finding of Research Misconduct?
- What should you do if you Suspect Research Misconduct?
- PHS Administrative Action Bulletin Board
- PHS Research Misconduct Case Summaries
- Info for the Press
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) - HHS ORI Resources