You are here
Steps for Authorized Organization Representative (AOR)/Signing Official (SO) to Check Submission Status
All Signing Officials at the applicant organization are able to check application submission status in eRA Commons.
Login to eRA Commons with your Signing Official (SO) account username and password.
Click the Status tab and select the "Recent/Pending eSubmissions" search option in the left hand navigation.
Enter desired search criteria and hit the "Search" button.
Check the eSubmission Status column to determine if your application status is “eSubmission Error” or “Pending Verification”.
- If “eSubmission Error”, follow the link to “Show Prior Errors and Warnings”.
- View the list of eSubmission errors/warnings.
- You do not need to address all warnings for your application to move forward. However, warnings may alert you to potential issues and should not simply be ignored.
- You must address all errors and Submit a Changed/Corrected Application to complete the submission process.
- If "Pending Verification", click on the accession number (e.g., AN1234567) in the Application ID column to view the detailed status screen.
- Click on the e-Application link in the Other Related Documents section of the screen to view your assembled application image. This is the same document that will be seen by reviewers and staff so check it carefully.
- If anything looks amiss, You (the SO) have the ability to reject the application with notification to the PI. Any corrective submission must be made by 5 p.m. local time on the due date, or your application will be subject to our late policy.
- If you are happy with what you see, the submission process is complete. Two business-days after the e-Application was generated (day of creation doesn't count) your application automatically moves forward to agency staff for further processing.
This page last updated on September 27, 2018
Technical Issues: E-mail OER Webmaster