The Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006 (FFATA), ensures that the public can access information on all entities and organizations receiving Federal funds. Central to the law was the development of www.USASpending.gov, a publically available website with searchable information on each Federal grant and contract over $25,000. Moving one step further, reporting on executive compensation and first-tier subawards has been implemented as of October 1, 2010 with the development of the Federal Subaward Reporting System (FSRS). While NIH is responsible for providing award information to USASpending, grantees will be responsible for entering their executive compensation and subaward information into FSRS.gov. In implementing these requirements, NIH grantees may find the following resources useful.
Please note that NIH continues to finalize its implementation of the Transparency Act requirement. Further guidance will be provided as it becomes available.
- USASpending.gov - Single, searchable website of all Federal grants and contracts containing information required by FFATA.
- FSRS.gov - The Federal Subaward Reporting System collects data on executive compensation and first-tier subawards.
Federal Register Notices
Related NIH Guide Notices
- NOT-OD-12-010 (11/10/2011) - Notice of Expanded Transparency Act Subaward and Executive Compensation Reporting Requirements for FY2012 and Beyond
- NOT-OD-11-004 (10/22/2010) - Notice of Revised NIH Term of Award on use of DUNS Number and New Term of Award on Maintaining an Active CCR Registration.
- NOT-OD-11-005 (10/22/2010) - Notice of New NIH Term of Award on Transparency Act Subaward and Executive Compensation Reporting Requirements.
- NOT-OD-11-006 (10/22/2010) - Notice of Revised Eligibility Requirements and Award Administration Information in NIH Funding Opportunity Announcements.
Questions about FFATA reporting? Contact us at GrantsPolicy@mail.nih.gov.
Note: For help accessing PDF, RTF, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Audio or Video files, see Help Downloading Files.