Skip to main content

You are here

Change of Institution Request (Type 7)

A Relinquishing Statement is required as part of the Change of Institution process enabling an extramural recipient institution to transfer an active grant to another institution. The process is initiated by the signing official of the institution that holds the award, who submits a Relinquishing Statement in eRA Commons and identifies the institution that will take over the award. This process must occur before the expiration of the current approved project period. The receiving institution must then submit a Change of Grantee Organization application using the Change of Grantee Organization opportunity found on the Parent Funding Opportunity Announcement page under Post-award Administrative Action Announcements. Learn more in the Grants Policy Statement, Section Change of Recipient Organization.

Form Name Form Number Description How to Access Instructions Additional Information Updated Date
Official Statement Relinquishing Interests and Rights in a PHS Research Grant PHS 3734 Used as the official statement relinquishing interests and rights in a PHS research grant.
  • The signing official should submit the information required on the relinquishing statement through the eRA Commons.
    • View the form to see what information we request. (PDFWord)
Learn more about submitting relinquishing statements in eRA Commons. March 2020
Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award Individual Fellowship Application PHS 416-1

Use only for a change of sponsoring institution applications.

NRSA Forms and Instructions May be submitted electronically. Follow instructions in funding opportunity announcement. January 2021
Technical Issues: E-mail OER Webmaster