You are here
Enhancements and Validations in Development
Important: We post our plans for upcoming enhancement and fixes well in advance of their delivery to help system-to-system service providers plan for their own development efforts. We try our best to keep these documents current as our plans evolve. Please keep in mind that these are *draft* documents and are subject to change at any time.
Which opportunities are processed by NIH eRA systems/services?
We process applications posted in Grants.gov under the following Grants.gov agency codes:
NIH Support for Grants.gov Header V2.0
- NIH is working on support for Grants.gov Header V2.0. Until our support is in place you must use Header V1.0 when calling eRA Submission Validation Service (SVS) and Submission Image Library service (SIL) directly pre-submission.
- Grants.gov has implemented their application web service changes so grantors can process submitted applications without impact. Basically, the XML we get from Grants.gov for submitted applications uses a different header than the one used during application submission.
Our implementation plan does not require you to use a different version of the SVS and SIL web services or make any changes to how you call the current services, though testing in UAT is highly recommended.
Update (9/13/2018) - changes were made to the GetFOAInfo request and response in the SADS web service that may require changes within S2S solutions, specifically we
- added an optional "packageId" to the request, and
- added the "fundingOpportunityNumber" to to the response
- Update (9/13/2018) - changes were made to the GetFOAInfo request and response in the SADS web service that may require changes within S2S solutions, specifically we
You can continue to use our (FORMS-E test FOAs) to verify your submissions using either header (you just can’t call our web services directly pre-submission until our support is in place).
It is the Grants.gov web service calls that determine which header is used to build the application XML
- GetOpportunityList for V2.0
- GetOpportunities or GetOpportunityPlusCompTitle or GetOpportunitiesExpanded for V1.0
- It is the Grants.gov web service calls that determine which header is used to build the application XML
The Header V2.0 support will be in UAT no later than September 18, 2018 (delayed from September 10). We are targeting October 10, 2018 to release to production.
|Change||In validations document?||Target Date in UAT||Target Date in Production|
We are adjusting the triggers for the following human subjects validations. These changes are in UAT now and will be pushed to production on 10/10. See validations document for details.
Update trigger for the following human subjects validation:
In order to accommodate the special needs of PA-18-936 (Admin Supplements to recover losses due to Harvey/Irma/Maria) we must reduce the severity of the following rules from errors to a warnings to allow for funded extensions beyond the awarded project period.
IMPORTANT: Our policy requiring revisions to be within the awarded project period of the parent remains in place for all other Revision applications. Although system enforcement is relaxed for this short period, applications to other FOAs will be held to compliance through manual checks post-submission.
Reduce to warnings: Oct. 3
Return to errors: after December 14 due date.
Remove validations that prevent the use of human subjects exemption codes 7 and 8.
Our ability to make Direct-to-Phase II SBIR awards was recently reinstated. Validations will be adjusted to take advantage of the Direct Phase II checkbox on the FORMS-E SBIR/STTR form.
||Not yet||TBD||Dec. 12|
Our authority for the Commercialization Readiness Program was also reinstated. Additional SBIR/STTR validation changes expected.
The RL1 activity code was previously only awarded as a disaggregated piece of a U54 submission, but we plan to accept standalone RL1 applications soon and need to define application processing validations.
We expect the page limits and validation messages to be changed for the following rules to accommodate a soon to be announced policy change.
||Yes||TBD||~Jan. 14 for first use for Feb. 11, 2019 due date|
Known Issues That are Not Yet Scheduled
- Image service - the image created for a single component of a multi-project application currently includes biosketch attachments. In multi-project applications, biosketches are only included as a summary in the full application image and should not display with components. Fix to remove bioseketches from component image is planned, but not yet scheduled. (Fix not yet scheduled)
- Cosmetic issues for preview IER in PHS Human Subjects and Clinical Trials Information form (a few border lines missing) - change to Submission Image Library web service (SIL) needed