You are here
Enhancements and Validations in Development
Important: We post our plans for upcoming enhancement and fixes well in advance of their delivery to help system-to-system service providers plan for their own development efforts. We try our best to keep these documents current as our plans evolve. Please keep in mind that these are *draft* documents and are subject to change at any time.
Which opportunities are processed by NIH eRA systems/services?
We process applications posted in Grants.gov under the following Grants.gov agency codes:
NIH Support for Grants.gov Header V2.0
- NIH is working on support for Grants.gov Header V2.0. We are targeting October 10 to release our support to production. The code will be in UAT no later than September 10 (trying for sooner, we'll keep you posted). Until our support is in place you must use Header V1.0 when calling eRA Submission Validation Service (SVS) and Submission Image Library service (SIL) directly pre-submission.
Grants.gov has implemented their application web service changes so grantors can process submitted applications without impact. Basically, the XML we get from Grants.gov for submitted applications uses a different header than the one used during application submission.
You can continue to use our (FORMS-E test FOAs) to verify your submissions using either header (you just can’t call our web services directly pre-submission).
It is the Grants.gov web service calls that determine which header is used to build the application XML
- GetOpportunityList for V2.0
- GetOpportunities or GetOpportunityPlusCompTitle or GetOpportunitiesExpanded for V1.0
- It is the Grants.gov web service calls that determine which header is used to build the application XML
Changes to Ensure Appropriate Registration in Place for NIH Grant Application Submissions
Add a global validation (000.44) to give an error if the organization registration level is not sufficient for NIH applications.
Add 'nihPolicyAcceptedFlag' to the getOrganizationInfo request response (part of SADS web service)
We are targeting July 18, 2018 to release these changes to Ext-UAT and August 1, 2018 to release to production.
Known Issues & Plans for Fixes
Fixes not yet scheduled
- Image service - the image created for a single component of a multi-project application currently includes biosketch attachments. In multi-project applications, biosketches are only included as a summary in the full application image and should not display with components. Fix to remove bioseketches from component image is planned, but not yet scheduled. (Fix not yet scheduled)
- Cosmetic issues for preview IER in PHS Human Subjects and Clinical Trials Information form (a few border lines missing) - change to Submission Image Library web service (SIL) needed
- In ASSIST, information provided in text entry boxes on study record sometimes appears truncated when in View only mode (OK in Edit and in application image)