You are here
About the Office of Extramural Research (OER) at NIH
Our mission: OER provides the corporate framework for NIH research administration, ensuring scientific integrity, public accountability, and effective stewardship of the NIH extramural research portfolio.
We provide the leadership, oversight, tools and guidance needed to administer and manage NIH grants policies and
operations. Our resources can offer you vital assistance in applying for funding, the first step in reaching your research
goals. I encourage you to contact our office or email me directly anytime.
Whatever your role—researcher, reviewer, mentor, administrator, or other—your contributions help advance science.
In that sense, we are all collaborators in the noble mission of saving lives and improving health.
NIH Office of the Director Organizational Chart (PDF - 323 KB)
- Immediate Office of the Director (IMOD)
- Office of Planning, Analysis and Communication (OPAC)
- Office of Data Analysis Tools and Systems (DATA)
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW)
- Office of Policy for Extramural Research Administration (OPERA)
- Office of Extramural Programs (OEP)
- Office of Research Information Services (ORIS)
- Office of Administrative Operations (OAO)