Meeting the Information Requirements of the Animal Welfare Act: A Workshop
The USDA Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC) teaches a one and a half day workshop at the National Agricultural Library (NAL) in Beltsville, Maryland for individuals who are responsible for providing information to meet the requirements of the Animal Welfare Act (AWA). The workshop is targeted for principal investigators, members of IACUCs, information providers, administrators of animal use programs, and veterinarians.
Course objectives are to provide:
- Overview of the AWA and its information requirements
- Review of the alternatives concept
- Introduction to NAL, AWIC and other organizations
- Instruction on the use of existing information databases/networks
- On-line database searching experience
The next workshop is March 11-12, 2015 in Beltsville, MD. For more information, go to http://awic.nal.usda.gov/workshops.