You are here
Reviewing Assigned Applications
- Each application is evaluated for scientific and technical merit according to the Scored Review Criteria, Additional Review Criteria, and Additional Review Considerations stated in the Funding Opportunity Announcement.
- Please note the difference between review criteria for research project grants and review criteria for training grants.
- What if I have seen this ‘new’ application before? NIH Policy on Resubmission Applications; Resubmission FAQs
- Scored Review Criteria
Additional Review Criteria
- Worksheet for Review of VAS Note: Justification for the number of animals is an element of rigor in the experimental design and should be described in the Research Strategy. Applicants must state only the total number of animals proposed in the VAS. Please see VAS FAQs for additional information.
- Review of the Human Subjects Section
- Review of Inclusion on the Basis of Sex/Gender, Race, Ethnicity, and Age in Clinical Research
- Review of Use of Human Embryonic Stem Cells
- Review of Revision Applications
- Additional Reviewer Considerations
- Additional Comments to the Applicant
- NIH Reviewer Orientation (Provides more detailed information on each of the topics listed above - see Contents, page 1)
- Scoring Guidance
- Guidance for the review of clinical trial applications
- NIH Rigor and Transparency
- Pre-meeting Do’s and Don’ts
*NOTE: These are the standard review criteria. For meeting-specific information, check with the SRO.
This page last updated on February 23, 2018
Technical Issues: E-mail OER Webmaster