Support for Conferences and Scientific Meetings
Purpose of the Award
- Support high quality conferences/scientific meetings that are relevant to the scientific mission of the NIH and to public health
- A conference/scientific meeting is defined as a gathering, symposium, seminar, scientific meeting, workshop or any other organized, formal meeting where persons assemble to coordinate, exchange, and disseminate information or to explore or clarify a defined subject, problem, or area of knowledge
- No specific dollar limit unless specified by IC
- Applicants are required to include in their application a permission-to-submit letter from any one of the participating NIH Institutes or Centers
- Applicants are urged to initiate contact well in advance of the chosen application receipt date and no later than 6 weeks before that date
- Agreement to accept an application does not guarantee funding
- Applicants must include a diversity plan to describe the involvement or plans to involve individuals from underrepresented groups (i.e., underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds, and women) in all aspects of conference planning and implementation.
- Visit the R13/U13 parent Announcement through the Parent Announcement page
- Consult the funding opportunity to read the Review Process section; Individual funding opportunities often have additional review criteria and/or considerations
- To read more about the review criteria and considerations for R applications, visit Review Criteria at-a- Glance.
- Please see the following documents for more information on scoring and critique templates: Scoring System and Procedure, Critique Template Instructions.
- A comprehensive list of Guidelines for Reviewers is available at /grants/peer/reviewer_guidelines.htm