Updated Electronic Application Forms Required for F, K, T and D Submissions with Due Dates of January 25, 2011 and Beyond
Notice Number: NOT-OD-11-008
Update: The following update relating to this announcement has been issued:
Related Notices: NOT-OD-11-007
- February 18, 2011 - See Notice NOT-HS-11-007 Extension of Expiration Date and Use of Adobe B1 Application Form for the AHRQ Funding Opportunity Announcement: AHRQ Individual Awards for Postdoctoral Fellows (F32) Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards (NRSA).
- November 24, 2010 (NOT-OD-11-021) - This Notice serves as a reminder of several policies affecting the submission of NIH grant applications for the January 25, 2011 due date and thereafter.
- November 5, 2010 - See Notice NOT-OD-11-018 Notice of Need to Expire and Reissue Fellowship Applications (Fs) to Comply with Language in New Application Forms.
Release Date: September 29, 2010
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
Center for Disease Control and Prevention/National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (CDC)
This notice announces that applicants targeting due dates on or after January 25, 2011
MUST download and use a new version of the SF424 (R&R) application packages for the following programs:
- Individual National Research Service Awards (Fs)
- Individual Research Career Development Award Programs (Ks)
- Institutional Training and Career Development Programs (Ts) and Other Training Grants (Ds)
The current SF424 (R&R) Application Guides will be expanded to included special instructions for applicants using the new forms to apply for awards under F, K, T and D activity codes.
The new forms packages will resolve the issues detailed in NOT-OD-10-052, in which the current application forms were in some cases limiting the ability of applicants to supply all required information for resubmission applications that were also renewals or revisions.
The new application packages also include the following updates:
- For Fellowship (F) applications, the “PHS Fellowship Supplemental” form has a new “Sponsor(s) and Co-Sponsor(s)” attachment which will be used to collect information that was previously documented in the “Other Attachment” section of the R&R “Other Project Information” form.
- Existing program-specific page limits for Career Development (K) submissions will now be electronically enforced. K applications that exceed the page limits will receive eRA Commons errors which must be corrected before the submission deadline.
- The R&R “Other Project Information” form has been updated to enable the Human Subject Assurance Number field whenever the answer to “Are Human Subjects Involved?” is “Yes”.
- All F, K, T and D submissions on or after January 25, 2011 must use the new application forms. Applications submitted using incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
NOTE: The new SF424 (R&R) form will be identified by a competition ID of “ADOBE-FORMS-B1”. The competition ID field is visible in the application header information and when downloading the application package from Grants.gov. Learn more about how to choose the correct forms package for your application.
- NOT-OD-10-052 provided applicants with special interim instructions for submitting revision or renewal applications that are also resubmissions. Once the new forms are introduced, these instructions will no longer be valid. Applicants should carefully read their Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) and the appropriate updated “B Series” Application Guide for program specific instructions before completing their application.
- The new “ADOBE-FORMS-B1” packages will be released by grant type at least four weeks prior to the first round of submission deadlines falling on or after January 25, 2011. Applicants must return to the FOA or reissued parent announcement to download the new application forms once they are available. If both the “Adobe B” and the “Adobe B1” forms packages are available, applicants should download and use the B1 forms.
- The updated and expanded B Series Application Guide will be available in December 2010.
The information and instructions in this guide notice applies to submissions for the F, K, T and D activity codes only. All other applicants should refer to NOT-OD-11-007
for information concerning the transition to ADOBE-FORMS-B1.
Questions about this Notice should be directed to:
Office of Extramural Research
National Institutes of Health