NIH Grants Policy Statement
Revised October 2017. This document applies to all NIH grants and cooperative agreements for budget periods beginning on or after October 1, 2017.
Immediately upon completion of construction, modernization, or alteration under a major A&R project the recipient should contact the awarding IC GMO. Under construction grants, the recipient will generally be required to submit the following documents within 120 days following the completion of the project as part of the closeout process:
- A final tabulation of net assignable space supported under the award for each program activity.
- The actual cost of construction per gross and net square foot/meter.
- The actual total allowable project costs after construction per gross and net square foot/meter.
- Actual date of beneficial occupancy of the facility.
- A simplified floor plan or space assignment drawing in electronic format clearly marked to identify the grant-supported space.
- Final record as-built construction documents.
- Electronic submission of the FFR reflecting both the Federal and non-Federal share of outlays when matching is required.
- A written assurance signed by the AOR stating that the recipient has the required insurance coverage and agrees to maintain the required insurance for the applicable duration of the Federal interest in the property or an indication that the recipient is self-insured against the risks involved and the source of funds.