Part II: Terms and Conditions of NIH Grant Awards
Subpart B: Terms and Conditions for Specific Types of Grants, Recipients, and Activities
This Subpart includes terms and conditions that vary from, are in addition to, elaborate on, or highlight the standard requirements and terms and conditions in IIA because of the type of grant, recipient, or grant-supported activity. Each chapter of IIB specifies how the coverage relates to that in IIA and must be used in conjunction with IIA to determine all of the applicable terms and conditions of a covered type of activity, recipient, or award.
This Subpart contains the following chapters:
- Multiple Program Director/Principal Investigator The individual(s) designated by the applicant organization/recipient to have the appropriate level of authority and responsibility to direct the project or program to be supported by the award. The applicant organization may designate multiple individuals as program directors/principal investigators (PD/PIs) who share the authority and responsibility for leading and directing the project, intellectually and logistically. When multiple PD/PIs are named, each is responsible and accountable to the official(s) at the applicant organization/recipient, or as appropriate, to a collaborating organization for the proper conduct of the project, program, or activity including the submission of all required reports. The presence of more than one PD/PI on an application or award diminishes neither the responsibility nor the accountability of any individual PD/PI. Applications and Awards
- Construction, Modernization, or Major Alteration and Renovation of Research Facilities (this chapter also includes requirements for specified A&R activities under non-construction grants)
- Individual Fellowships and Institutional Research Training Grants (also termed "fellowships" and "training grants") under the Kirschstein-NRSA program
- Career Development Awards
- Modular Applications and Awards
- Support of Scientific Meetings (Conference Grants)
- Consortium Agreements
- Grants to Foreign Organizations, International Organizations, and Domestic Grants with a Foreign Component
- Grants to Federal Institutions and Payments to Federal Employees Under Grants
- Grants to Commercial Organizations
- Research Patient Care Costs.