You are here
eRA Commons - Organization Registration
eRA Commons is an online interface where grant applicants, grantees and federal staff can access and share grant-related information. You will use eRA commons throughout the lifecycle of a grant - from application submission to grant closeout.
In order to submit any grant application, your organization must have accounts for at least one signing official and all principal investigators named in the application. Specific opportunities may require eRA Commons accounts for additional named individuals in the application.
- Check the List of Commons Registered Organizations to see if your organization is already registered.
- If your organization is not registered, identify a person with signature authority for your organization and the DUNS number to be used in all registrations.
- Follow the steps on the eRA Commons Grantee Organization Online Registration form.
- A Signing Official (SO) and an optional Account Administrator (AA) account are created as part of the organization registration. Signing Officials have overall responsibility for managing accounts for their organization, including the creation of additional accounts with the SO or other eRA Commons roles .
eRA Service Desk
- Hours: Mon-Fri, 7a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time (Except for Federal holidays)
- Web: https://grants.nih.gov/support (web ticket is preferred method of contact)
- Toll-free: 1-866-504-9552
- Phone: 301-402-7469
Organization registration can take 10 business days or more to complete.
NIH considers beginning your eRA Commons registration at least 10 business days prior to an application due date a "good faith effort" to register on time. If your registration is not completed in time to submit due to NIH delays (you allowed at least 10 business days and have quickly responded to all NIH inquiries regarding your registration), then you may be allowed to submit a late application.