Attention research administrators, investigators, grant writers, and others working with the NIH grants process, programs, and policies. We are announcing the fall 2020 NIH Virtual Seminar on Program Funding and Grants Administration to be held Tuesday, Oct. 27–Friday, Oct. 30.
Here are the top five reasons to register today:
- Attend virtually!
- Learn directly from HHS and NIH staff!
- Gather resources to use and share!
- Engage and network with peers from around the world!
- Pay nothing…it’s free!
Sound like an opportunity that could benefit you in the extramural research enterprise? Then register today and take advantage of this unique opportunity at NIH.
- Tuesday, Oct. 27–Friday, Oct. 30
- Noon – 5:00 p.m. EDT: Meet the Experts Exhibit Hall hours
- Noon – 5:00 p.m. EDT: The NIH Lounge: Making Community Connections hours
- 1:00 – 5:45 p.m. EDT: Agenda with three tracks of live and simulive sessions
- Available anytime: On-demand video library
- Seminar website: Includes registration link, agenda, exhibit hall listing, FAQs, etc.
Now that we’ve piqued your interest…here are more details about our top five list:
- We’ve gone virtual! Safety first! That’s why this year, we’re holding the seminar virtually. All you need is a computer or digital device with internet access to participate.
- NIH and HHS presenters: More than 80 NIH and review, program, grants management and policy officials and HHS experts are participating in sessions with live chat and question and answer opportunities. They’re looking forward to sharing their expertise and guidance.
- Three tracks, 48 presentations or panel discussion options, plus an on-demand video library! Within the seminar’s three tracks—NIH Grants Process, NIH Policies and Programs, and Let’s Talk About It—you’ll find topics that cover the fundamentals, peer review process, budgets, grant writing, research integrity, compliance, humans and animals in research, pre-award and post-award issues, and so much more! Check out the overall seminar agenda. If you miss a session, that’s ok – watch for the recording on the following day.
- After-Hours Conversations: Concluding each of our first three days of the seminar, we invite attendees to hear special panel discussions on three important topics for our research community:
- Oct 27: Scientific Workforce Diversity in Extramural Research
- Oct. 28: NIH Next Generation Research Initiative - Training Future Biomedical Researchers
- Oct. 29: Mentoring: NIH and the National Research Mentoring Network
- Connect with experts at 45 exhibit hall booths: This virtual exhibit hall will offer a treasure trove of information on NIH funding programs and initiatives, booth-hosted events such as special presentations and chat rooms, experts available to answer questions, downloadable resources, and so much more! Check out the Meet the Experts Exhibit Hall listing to get all the complete list of booths hosted by:
- Every NIH institute and center
- Offices focused on special topics and trans-NIH programs
- NIH policy and compliance
- NIH systems and tools
- Hang out in the NIH Lounge: Make community connections and share your questions, ideas, perspective, etc. in one or more of our lounge chat rooms. These rooms are designed for attendees to share, network, ask questions, get ideas, and more! Topics include:
- Administrators’ Reflections: What I Wish I Knew When I Started Working with the NIH Grants Process for Administrators
- Researchers’ Reflections: What I Wish I Knew When I Started Working with the NIH Grants Process for Investigators
- Early Career & Early Stage Investigator Chat
- Global View Room: International Connections
- Proposal Writers Meet & Greet
- Wonderwall: Taking NIH into the Future
Who should attend?
The 2020 NIH Virtual Seminar on Program Funding and Grants Administration is especially valuable for those new to the grants process, including sponsored project officers and departmental administrators, investigators, faculty, graduate students, postdocs and others involved in the NIH grants process. The NIH Grants Process track provides the fundamentals, while the Grants Policies and Programs track and the Let’s Talk About It track have something for everyone.
What's the goal of the Seminar?
The goal of the NIH Virtual Seminar on Program Funding and Grants Administration is to offer participants an unparalleled opportunity to gain a better perspective of NIH policies and programs, network with their peers, and gather helpful NIH contacts, so that they may return to their offices and/or labs with useful information, resources, and tools to assist in obtaining and managing NIH awards.
When can you register?
Registration is open! Remember, registration and attendance are free! Click the “Register Today” box on the seminar website.
Is there a cap on registration? At this time, we are not planning to cap registration for this seminar. There is a limit of 10,000 concurrent logins, so if you are unable to log in at any time due to capacity constraints, just wait a few minutes and try again as we expect a lot of movement in and out of sessions during the day. Remember, all sessions will be recorded and provided the following day for viewing and download.
Are there other dates and locations? The next in-person NIH Seminar on Program Funding and Grants Administration is planned to take place in Baltimore, MD, October 27-29, 2021. Visit the main NIH Regional Seminar website for updates and information on joining the seminar ListServ.