Updates to Active Funding Opportunity Announcements to Prepare for Policy Changes Impacting Due Dates On or After January 25, 2018
Release Date: September 20, 2017
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
This notice informs the community that we will make a series of updates to existing funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) between September 20 and October 6, 2017 to prepare for grant application form and policy changes impacting applications for due dates on or after January 25, 2018. We will also take advantage of this effort to clean-up FOA text associated with other previous policy changes.
This notice does NOT introduce any new policies. We are simply updating FOA text to align with existing policy.
All active FOAs with due dates on or after January 25, 2018 will be updated with the following exceptions:
- Parent announcements will NOT be updated since they will be reissued (with new FOA numbers) for due dates on or after January 25.
- FOAs that will allow applications proposing clinical trials will NOT be updated since they will be reissued (with new FOA numbers) for due dates on or after January 25.
Summary of Changes To Active FOAs
In preparation for clinical trial-specific FOA policy (NOT-OD-17-043), we will add a clinical trial allowability indicator in table in Part 2, Section II. Award Information (NIH only).
- In preparation for FORMS-E application forms (NOT-OD-17-062 and NOT-HS-17-015), we will add text to the PHS Inclusion Enrollment Report form instructions in Part 2, Section IV. Application and Submission Information to indicate the form is only available in FORMS-D application packages for due dates on or before January 24, 2018.
- In preparation for FORMS-E application forms (NOT-OD-17-062 and NOT-HS-17-015), we will add text for the PHS Human Subjects and Clinical Trials Information form and instructions in Part 2, Section IV. Application and Submission Information and indicate the form is only available in FORMS-E application packages for due dates on or after January 25, 2018.
- To align announcements with Rigor and Transparency policies (Research: NOT-OD-16-011, Career Development: NOT-OD-16-012), we will update Part 2, Section V. Application Review Information to include
- the appropriate rigor and transparency questions in the Research Plan section, and
- a section for Authentication of Key Biological and/or Chemical resources within the additional review criteria.
To align announcements with recent vertebrate animals changes (NOT-OD-16-006), we will update the Vertebrate Animals section of the Additional Review Criteria in Part 2, Section V. Application Review Information (NIH only).
See Research, Career Development, Fellowship, Multi-project, and Training for program-specific text insertions/deletions associated with this notice.
Please direct all inquiries to:
NIH Grants Information
Email: email@example.com (preferred method of contact)