NIH Peer Review Online Briefings for Fellowship and R01 Grant Applicants, and Basic Research Grant Applicants and Reviewers
Notice Number: NOT-OD-16-152
Release Date: September 28, 2016
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
The purpose of this Notice is to inform NIH grant applicants, their mentors, and reviewers about three online video briefings the NIH Center for Scientific Review (CSR) will host in November and December 2016. CSR is the portal for NIH grant applications and their review for scientific and technical merit.
Each Briefing Will Have a Different Focus
- Fellowship and R01 grant applicants: The first two briefings will provide these applicants key information that could help them better navigate the NIH peer review process.
- Basic research grant applicants and reviewers: The third briefing will reaffirm NIH’s commitment to basic research and help applicants and reviewers better do their part in proposing and reviewing basic research.
8 Ways to Successfully Navigate NIH Peer Review and Get a Fellowship Grant
November 2, 2016
8 Ways to Successfully Navigate NIH Peer Review and Get an RO1 Grant
December 1, 2016
NIH Peer Review Briefing for Basic Research Applicants and Reviewers
December 2, 2016
All of the briefings will run from 2:00 to about 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time, including a 30 minute Q&A period.
How to Participate in the Briefing
- Go to www.csr.nih.gov/webinar to register for the briefing you wish to join. You will not need to download special software. You will just need a reliable Internet connection and browser.
- Register by October 31 for November briefing
- Register by November 30 for December briefings
- Submit questions for the Q&A session before or during the briefing by sending them to the moderator at AskExperts@csr.nih.gov.
- Go to www.csr.nih.gov/webinar on the day/time your briefing is scheduled. Click on the link that will be provided there to view it.
View Archived Briefings and Past Webinars
- View archived webinars and PowerPoint slides now on our webinar web page: Meet the Experts in NIH Peer Review webinars for R01, R15, Small Business, and Fellowship grant applicants as well as a webinar for university research administrators.
- View our 2016 Briefings and PowerPoints about a month after broadcast on our webinar web page.
If you have general questions about the NIH application and review processes at other times, please visit the CSR or the NIH Grants and Funding websites. The NIH Information Service can address specific questions.
Please direct all inquiries to:
Center for Scientific Review