ASSIST To Become an Option for Submission of Applications for Most Competing Grant Programs in 2015
Release Date: December 17, 2014
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
ASSIST is NIH's on-line system for the preparation and submission of cooperative agreement and grant applications through Grants.gov to NIH. This Notice announces NIH's plans to open ASSIST as an option for submission of applications for most competing cooperative agreement and grant programs in 2015.
ASSIST was first launched in November 2012 for use with NIH's complex, multi-project grant programs. Since that time, NIH has incorporated applicant feedback into the system - improving existing features and adding others.
ASSIST provides users:
- Secure web-based data entry
- Collaboration of multiple users
- Pre-submission validation of NIH and key Grants.gov business rules
- Pre-population of data from eRA Commons profiles
- Pre-submission print/preview of application in NIH format
- Submission status tracking for both Grants.gov and eRA Commons within a single system
- Ability to import subaward budget data from external sources
- Ability to copy application data (excluding attachments) from one announcement to another
Throughout 2015, ASSIST will become an option on a grant program by grant program basis (by activity code). The first set of grant programs will include the Small Research Grant (R03) and Exploratory/Developmental Grant (R21) programs and is targeted for the end of January 2015. As ASSIST becomes a viable option for each set of programs, additional Guide Notices will be posted.
Use of ASSIST is optional; Grants.gov downloadable forms and system-to-system solutions also remain viable options for application preparation and submission to NIH.
Please direct all inquiries to:
NIH Grants Information