Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Administrative Supplement for NIDCD National Human Ear Resource Network Coordination Center
First Available Due Date:
March 29, 2023
March 30, 2023
PA-20-272 - Administrative Supplements to Existing NIH Grants and Cooperative Agreements (Parent Admin Supp Clinical Trial Optional)
RFA-DC-23-002 - NIDCD National Human Ear Resource Network (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
NIDCD announces the availability of funds for one Administrative Supplement to a U24 award funded as part of the NIDCD National Human Ear Resource Network (hereafter, called the Network). This supplement award is to facilitate one Network site to serve as the NIDCD National Human Ear Resource Network Coordination Center and the PD/PI(s) of that site to be the Network Coordinator(s). Network Coordinator(s) responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organize and chair recurring teleconferences or virtual meetings with Network PIs, the NIDCD Science Officer and the NIDCD Program Officer. The frequency of these meetings will be determined in consultation with the NIDCD Scientific Officer. Provide written minutes from each meeting to Network PIs and NIDCD staff.
- Coordinate one to two virtual or in-person Steering Committee meetings per year in consultation with NIDCD staff. Information on Steering Committee meetings is outlined in RFA- DC-23-002. If the meeting is occurring at another Network laboratory location, the Coordinator(s) will act as a liaison with the Network PI(s) hosting the meeting to facilitate meeting logistics, as needed. It is expected that the Steering Committee will meet in person at least once a year.
- Arrange travel, accommodations, and travel reimbursements for the External Experts serving on the Network Steering Committee to attend in-person Steering Committee meetings.
- Work closely with NIDCD staff to disseminate to scientific and clinical communities information regarding Network activities.
- Facilitate Network communication and collaboration both within the current Network and with laboratories across the United States and the world to facilitate the use of temporal bones pursuant to the mission NIDCD research areas.
- Liaise with the National Temporal Bone Registry to help streamline the updating of the Registry with available processed temporal bones and help coordinate the uploading of temporal bone images to the Registry database.
- Organize and promote a virtual seminar series where members of the Network and outside laboratories are encouraged to participate so that information and needs broadly generated in the temporal bone research community can be disseminated. Seminars are expected to occur at least quarterly.
- Create and maintain an NIDCD National Human Ear Resource Network webpage.
Application and Submission Information
Applications for this initiative must be submitted using the following opportunity or its subsequent reissued equivalent.
- PA-20-272 - Administrative Supplements to Existing NIH Grants and Cooperative Agreements (Parent Admin Supp Clinical Trial Optional)
All instructions in the SF424 (R&R) Application Guide and PA-20-272 must be followed, with the following additions:
- Application Due Date(s) – March 29, 2023, by 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization. This NOSI expires on March 30, 2023.
- For funding consideration, applicants must include NOT-DC-23-002 (without quotation marks) in the Agency Routing Identifier field (box 4B) of the SF424 R&R form. Applications without this information in box 4B will not be considered for this initiative.
- The Research Strategy section of the application is limited to 6 pages.
- The Research Strategy section should highlight the PD/PIs leadership skills for scientific planning/administration and a detailed plan for how to accomplish the stated goals/responsibilities listed above in the Purpose portion of this announcement.
- All applicants must provide a detailed budget with justification for Network Coordination Center activities (see above).
- If the Steering Committee meeting is occurring at a scientific conference, travel costs should be limited to additional costs incurred by the External Expert to attend the Steering Committee meeting.
- Travel costs for personnel on the parent award or additional staff funded through this supplement are not allowable.
- Salary costs associated with the Coordination Center activities are allowed, but must be justified.
- Budgets are limited to $100,000 direct costs per year plus corresponding facilities and administrative costs. That amount should be requested for the current year and each year remaining in the parent award. The proposed project period for the supplement cannot extend beyond the parent.
- Only existing awardees of RFA-DC-23-002 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to notify Dr. Janet Cyr (email@example.com) that a request will be submitted in response to this FOA in order to facilitate efficient processing of the request.
Please direct all inquiries to:
Janet Cyr, PhD
National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders