Notice Number: NOT-DA-18-060
Release Date: February 01, 2018
National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) plans to solicit proposals under full and open competition procedures from qualified organizations having the capability to acquire by synthesis unlabeled and labeled drugs of abuse and related chemical compounds, including opioid and related neuro-peptides. Specifically, the project requires the following tasks:
(1) to acquire, synthesize and maintain several radio and deuterium labeled and unlabeled drugs of abuse and other chemical substances in its drug supply inventory and distribute them to research investigators upon approval;
(2) to check their stability and purity periodically and produce updated chemical data sheets;
(3) to replenish existing drug supply inventory with depleted drugs and research compounds;
(4) to identify, acquire, and update the drug supply inventory with newly discovered chemical compounds useful for drug abuse research; and
(5) to use, maintain, and update the NIDA drug supply data base, known as Drug Inventory Supply Control System (DISCS).
This is a follow-on procurement to Contract Number HHSN271701300007C titled “Synthesis and Distribution of Drugs of Abuse and Related Compounds.” NIDA anticipates the award of a single indefinite delivery, indefinitely quantity (IDIQ) task order contract for a period of performance of four years. NIDA may award either cost reimbursement and/or fixed price task orders under this contract. NIDA anticipates that at least one task order will be awarded with the contract.
In order to handle substances under the Controlled Substances Act of 1970, it is mandatory that offerors possess a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Registration for Chemical Analysis or Research Registration for Schedules II to V and demonstrate the capability to obtain a DEA registration for Schedule I controlled substances.
Additionally, the successful offeror shall provide a chemist/biologist with a B.S. degree or equivalent, on site in NIDA's drug supply office, to process paper work required for approval of drug requests and shipping of drugs to researchers.
RFP No. NIHDA201800028 will be available electronically on or about February 5, 2018. You can access the RFP through the FedBizOpps (URL: http://fedbizopps.gov) or through the NIDA website (URL: http://www.drugabuse.gov/funding/funding-opportunities/nida-requests-contract-proposals-rfps). All information required for the submission of a proposal will be contained in or accessible through the RFP package. Responses to the RFP will be due 30 days from the release date. NIDA anticipates an award on or before June 8, 2018. NIDA will consider proposals submitted by any responsible offeror.
Based upon market research, the Government is not using the policies contained in Part 12, Acquisition of Commercial Items, in its solicitation for the described supplies or services. However, interested persons or organizations may identify to the Contracting Officer their interest and capability to satisfy the Government's requirement with a commercial item within 15 days of this notice.
This advertisement does not commit the Government to award a contract.
Please direct all inquiries to: