Notice Number: NOT-CA-05-026
Release Date: August 12, 2005
National Cancer Institute (NCI), (http://www.nci.nih.gov)
The purpose of this Notice is to inform potential applicants that the expiration dates for the following fourteen program announcement s (PAs) have been extended to November 2, 2006:
(1) PA-04-012, “Cancer Surveillance Using Health Claims-Based Data System”;
(2) PA-04-017, “Studies of the Economics of Cancer Prevention, Screening, and Care”;
(3) PA-04-034, “Exploratory Grants for Behavioral Research in Cancer Control”;
(4) PA-04-035, “Circulating Cells in Cancer Detection”;
(5) PA-04-045, “In Vivo Cancer Imaging Exploratory/Developmental Grants”;
(6) PA-04-046, “Clinical Cancer Therapy and Prevention Research”;
(7) PA-04-053, “Complementary Approaches to Cancer Care”;
(8) PA-04-063, “An SBIR/STTR Initiative for Image-Guided Cancer Interventions”;
(9) PA-04-094, “Novel Technologies for In Vivo Imaging (SBIR/STTR)”;
(10) PA-04-095, “Novel Technologies for In Vivo Imaging (R21/R33)”;
(11) PA-04-099, “Diet, Epigenetic Events, and Cancer Prevention”;
(12) PA-04-102, “Phased Application Awards in Cancer Prognosis and Prediction”;
(13) PA-04-103, “Testing Tobacco Products Promoted to Reduce Harm”; and
(14) PA-04-124, “Studies of Energy Balance and Cancer in Humans”
The application receipt dates for the extended period are, as in each of the original PAs referred to above, the standard receipt dates, which are listed at http://grants1.nih.gov/grants/funding/submissionschedule.htm#reviewandaward. Please note that for PA-04-063 and PA-04-094, the standard receipt dates for SBIR/STTR applications are April 1, August 1, and December 1.
Five of the fourteen PAs also involve one or more other institutes and centers of the National Institutes of Health or another agency of the Department of Health and Human Services as participating partners. Those partnerships will continue (per official agreements with involved partners) into the 3 rd (extended) year as before, with one exception, which is as follows: the National Institute for Dental and Craniofacial Research will not continue its participation on PA-04-053 in the 3 rd (extended) year.
Note that the PHS 398 research grant application and instructions were revised in September 2004 and are available at https://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html in an interactive format.
Additional (newer) Required Federal Citations are the NIH Public Access Policy, which is described at http://www.nih.gov/about/publicaccess/index.htm, and the Loan Repayment Program, which is described at http://www.lrp.nih.gov.
Lastly, the Required Federal Citation for the Use of Animals in Research was updated to include references to the web sites for the PHS Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals (https://grants.nih.gov/grants/olaw/references/PHSPolicyLabAnimals.pdf) as mandated by the Health Research Extension Act of 1985 (https://grants.nih.gov/grants/olaw/references/hrea1985.htm), and the USDA Animal Welfare Regulations (http://www.nal.usda.gov/awic/legislat/usdaleg1.htm) as applicable.
For the hearing impaired, telecommunications are available at: TTY 301-451-5936.
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact the NCI Program Director s and/or Program Directors from other participating institutes or centers of the National Institutes of Health or other agency of the Department of Health and Human Services as presented in the original PAs listed above.Questions may also be directed to:
National Cancer Institute
Division of Extramural Activities
6116 Executive Boulevard, Room 8041, MSC 8329
Bethesda, MD 20892-8329 (U.S. Postal Service Express or regular mail)
Rockville, MD 20852 (for express/courier service)
Telephone: (301) 496-3428
FAX: (301) 402-0275
Weekly TOC for this Announcement
NIH Funding Opportunities and Notices
Office of Extramural
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
9000 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Department of Health
and Human Services (HHS)
Note: For help accessing PDF, RTF, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Audio or Video files, see Help Downloading Files.