Resources and Responsibilities
System-to-System Frequently Asked Questions
Responsibilities of System-to-System Trading Partners
System-to-System Trading Partners:
- Are responsible for the accuracy of the data they submit to NIH.) accepts test applications through Grants.gov’s Acceptance Test Web environment (http://atweb.grants.gov/).
- Must encourage their applicants to view the application image in Commons even if the developer's system generates an image for the applicant.
- Must get familiarize with the System-to-System webpage.
- Must check available resources and gather appropriate information (time, date, tracking number, error messages, etc.) before calling.
Back to Top
Support outlines whom to contact for help with technical issues and how information will be disseminated to System-to-System Trading Partners.
From NIH's perspective all system-to-system solution providers (both commercial and institution) will be considered System-to-System Trading Partners for the purposes of support and web services.
When reporting technical issues, S2S Trading Partners should:
- Email B2BSupport@mail.nih.gov. This will bring your issue directly to the attention of eRA Commons second tier support for eSubmission.
- Hours of support will be 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, except federal holidays
- Include as much information as possible to help NIH troubleshoot the issue (time, date, tracking numbers, error messages, etc.)
- B2B Support will acknowledge your email within 3 business hours and respond within 24 hours.
- B2B Support is triaged based on severity.
- If B2B Support does not respond in 24 hours, email B2BSupport@mail.nih.gov again and cc Tina Faunteroy (email@example.com) and David Hunter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- When S2S Trading Partners report technical questions or issues on behalf of applicants, NIH will respond to the Trading Partner and not the applicant.
- S2S Trading Partners should direct their applicants to contact the Commons helpdesk and/or the Grants.gov Contact Center when appropriate. See Finding Help for contact information.
- Significant delays in service, deadline extensions, agency-specific form changes and other pertinent eSubmission information will be communicated through the S2S listserv (NIH_ESUB_SYS2SYS-L@LIST.NIH.GOV).
- The S2S listserv should also be used for general technical inquiries regarding the development of system-to-system solutions that service grant applications to NIH not Grants.gov or policy questions.
Back to Top
Joining the NIH System-to-System Listserv
The Office of Extramural Research has established a listserv electronic mailing list to provide periodic updates on system-to-system issues related to NIH's electronic grant application program to System-to-System Trading Partners. The listserv is also for S2S solution developers to share their experiences. Persons interested in joining the listserv can do so by following these instructions.
Inquiries about the listserv may be directed to the eRA Communications Office.