You are here
Enhancements and Validations in Development
Important: We post our plans for upcoming enhancement and fixes well in advance of their delivery to help system-to-system service providers plan for their own development efforts. We try our best to keep these documents current as our plans evolve. Please keep in mind that these are *draft* documents and are subject to change at any time.
Which opportunities are processed by NIH eRA systems/services?
We process applications posted in Grants.gov under the following Grants.gov agency codes:
NIH Support for Grants.gov Header V2.0
- NIH is working on support for Grants.gov Header V2.0. Until our support is in place you must use Header V1.0 when calling eRA Submission Validation Service (SVS) and Submission Image Library service (SIL) directly pre-submission.
- Grants.gov has implemented their application web service changes so grantors can process submitted applications without impact. Basically, the XML we get from Grants.gov for submitted applications uses a different header than the one used during application submission.
Our implementation plan does not require you to use a different version of the SVS and SIL web services or make any changes to how you call the current services, though testing in UAT is highly recommended.
Update (9/13/2018) - changes were made to the GetFOAInfo request and response in the SADS web service that may require changes within S2S solutions, specifically we
- added an optional "packageId" to the request, and
- added the "fundingOpportunityNumber" to to the response
- Update (9/13/2018) - changes were made to the GetFOAInfo request and response in the SADS web service that may require changes within S2S solutions, specifically we
You can continue to use our (FORMS-E test FOAs) to verify your submissions using either header (you just can’t call our web services directly pre-submission until our support is in place).
It is the Grants.gov web service calls that determine which header is used to build the application XML
- GetOpportunityList for V2.0
- GetOpportunities or GetOpportunityPlusCompTitle or GetOpportunitiesExpanded for V1.0
- It is the Grants.gov web service calls that determine which header is used to build the application XML
The Header V2.0 support will be in UAT no later than September 18, 2018 (delayed from September 10). We are targeting October 10, 2018 to release to production.
Known Issues That are Not Yet Scheduled
- Adjust triggers for 034.6.6 (Recruitment and Retention Plan) ,034.6.7 (Recruitment Status) , 034.6.8 (Study Timeline) , 034.6.9 (Enrollment of First Subject) to align with trigger for 034.6.5 (Inclusion of Women, Minorities and Children)
- Image service - the image created for a single component of a multi-project application currently includes biosketch attachments. In multi-project applications, biosketches are only included as a summary in the full application image and should not display with components. Fix to remove bioseketches from component image is planned, but not yet scheduled. (Fix not yet scheduled)
- Cosmetic issues for preview IER in PHS Human Subjects and Clinical Trials Information form (a few border lines missing) - change to Submission Image Library web service (SIL) needed
- In ASSIST, information provided in text entry boxes on study record sometimes appears truncated when in View only mode (OK in Edit and in application image)