You are here
Enhancements and Validations in Development
Important: We post our plans for upcoming enhancement and fixes well in advance of their delivery to help system-to-system service providers plan for their own development efforts. We try our best to keep these documents current as our plans evolve. Please keep in mind that these are *draft* documents and are subject to change at any time.
Which opportunities are processed by NIH eRA systems/services?
We process applications posted in Grants.gov under the following Grants.gov agency codes:
FORMS-E ImplementationMost draft documents from the FORMS-E implementation were finalized and moved to our main System-to-System page early in 2018.
In January 2018 we added an ASSIST option for users to pre-populate parts of a human subjects/clinical trials study record from information in ClinicalTrials.gov based on an NCT number provided in field 1.5 of the PHS Human Subjects and Clinical Trials Information form. The following document may still be of interest to folks who want to implement a similar feature within their services.
Draft validations document - 02-20-2019
Target release to non-production UAT-EXT: 2-15-2019
Target release to Production: 2-27-2019
- Updated rule 010.1.5 to exclude UE5s. Updated rules 010.1.7 and 010.3.7 to include UE5s.
- Updated SBIR/STTR rules 023.13.1 and 023.13.2 to remove exclusion of SBIR/STTR form version 1.2
- Updated VA rule 004.25.29 to add a new attachment for Financial Disclosure
- New VA rule 004.25.35 created to require Financial Disclosure attachment
- New warning validation 001.30.3 created to block SBIR/STTR applicants from checking “Women owned” and “Socially and Economically Disadvantaged” checkboxes on SF424 R&R. Going forward we will pull this information from SAM records to improve data quality.
- Updated trigger for rule 034.6.10 to account for situation when IER could be null.
- Updated rule 000.10 to reflect 50-character limit restriction on attachment filenames
Known Issues That are Not Yet Scheduled
- Image service - the image created for a single component of a multi-project application currently includes biosketch attachments. In multi-project applications, biosketches are only included as a summary in the full application image and should not display with components. Fix to remove bioseketches from component image is planned, but not yet scheduled. (Fix not yet scheduled)
- Cosmetic issues for preview IER in PHS Human Subjects and Clinical Trials Information form (a few border lines missing) - change to Submission Image Library web service (SIL) needed