Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the registration fees?
Please reference the event registration page for early, regular, and on-site rates, http://grants.nih.gov/grants/regionalseminars/Baltimore_2013/registration.html. Note that we have introduced a trainee rate that offers a $50 discount for all rates.
- How do I get the trainee rate?
The trainee rate is valid only for current predoctoral and postdoctoral trainees. A scan of the trainee ID must be attached during the registration process to receive the trainee. Trainee status is subject to verification by conference staff at any time.
- What does the registration fee cover?
The seminar registration fee includes the cost of registration, conference proceedings, conference materials, and access to presenter presentations. This year's conference does not include food and beverages.
- When is the early bird registration deadline?
Monday, March 25, 2013 12midnight (EST).
- I registered, but have not received a confirmation. How do I get another confirmation receipt?
, enter attendee last name and email address then click "Update Your Registration". This will allow you to return to the confirmation page to reprint your receipt.
- How do I make changes to my registration?
Return to the registration web site, http://www.certain.com/system/profile/form/index.cfm?PKformID=0x1419852dbe1
, and complete the following steps:
- Enter the attendee's last name and email address then click "Update Your Registration"
- Click "Edit" button in the section you wish to make changes
- Once you get to the desired page, make your edits and complete the process.
- Can I bring a spouse or guest to the seminar?
Yes, however guests and spouses must register for the full conference in order to attend any session or events.
- Can a registrant sign up for just the eRA All Day Workshop and not the Regional Seminar?
No. In order to attend the eRA All Day Workshop you must be registered for the Seminar.
- Is walk-up registration permitted on the day of the conference?
On-site registration is permitted. Note that neither cash nor personal check payments will be accepted on-site.
- Are meals provided during the NIH Regional Seminar?
Meals are not included in the registration fees for this year's NIH Regional Seminar.
- What are my options for meals?
There are many great food options within a short distance of the seminar. The Renaissance Harborplace Hotel is home to the Watertable Restaurant and Ground Floor Cafe. The Regional Seminar sessions are located directly above The Gallery (a four story shopping center) which has a food court. Also, located directly across the street from the hotel is The Harborplace
that has more than 15 restaurants.
- What nights at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel are available at the conference rate?
The Renaissance Harborplace Hotel has rooms available for the nights Tuesday, June 26 until Thursday, June 27, 2013. There are a minimal number of rooms available on Monday, June 25.
- Are there rooms available for the night of Friday, June 28, 2013?
There may be rooms available; however, they are not within the room block and are subject to negotiations with the hotel.
- Are there other hotels within walking distance?
Yes, other lodging options located within walking distance of the hotel are the Brookshire Suites
, Hyatt Regency Hotel
, Hampton Inn and Suites
, SpringHill Suites
, and Residence Inn
- What forms of payment are acceptable?
Major credit cards (Visa and Master Card) and checks are acceptable methods of payment. Purchase orders and/or training vouchers are not acceptable forms of payment.
Please note if you pay with a check, your registration will be pending and space not confirmed until mailed payment is received. Once your check is processed, you will receive a confirmation email. There will be a $30.00 fee charged for returned checks.
- I can no longer attend the conference, can I send a substitute?
Yes, substitutions are allowed. Requests for substitutions must be submitted by email to email@example.com prior to the conference start date.
- What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellations of conference registrations can be made by the cancellation deadlines by sending notification in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests submitted via phone, voice-mail message, fax, or mail, are neither valid nor accepted. If you cancel your registration and are entitled to a refund, expect the refund within 30 days of the close of the event.
- If I cancel, can I transfer my registration and payment of fees to a future NIH Regional Seminar?
No, registration and payment of fees is not transferable to future events.
- Is my cancellation subject to refund?
- On or Before May 1, 2013: Ripple Effect Conference will refund the full amount of your registration payment minus the $40.00 processing fee.
- After May 1, 2013: Cancellations received after this date will be assessed the full registration cost. No refund will be issued. Refunds are not given for no-shows. Substitutions are allowed.
- When will I receive my refund?
If you cancel your registration and are entitled to a refund, expect the refund within 30 days of the close of the event. All refunds will be issued back in the original payment type.
- How will the charge appear on my credit card bill?
Your credit card will be billed with the description, "Ripple Effect Communications, Inc." and will NOT include the words "Regional Seminars."
- Who is Ripple Effect Communications?
Ripple Effect is the professional services firm managing the logistical support for the NIH Regional Seminars.