NIH Grants Policy Statement
Revised March 31, 2015. This document applies to all NIH grants and cooperative agreements for budget periods beginning on or after December 26, 2014 and awards that received supplemental funding on or after December 26, 2014.
Part II: Terms and Conditions of NIH Grant Awards
Subpart B: Terms and Conditions for Specific Types of Grants, Recipients, and Activities
This Subpart includes terms and conditions that vary from, are in addition to, elaborate on, or highlight the standard requirements and terms and conditions in IIA because of the type of grant, recipient, or grant-supported activity. Each chapter of IIB specifies how the coverage relates to that in IIA and must be used in conjunction with IIA to determine all of the applicable terms and conditions of a covered type of activity, recipient, or award.
This Subpart contains the following chapters:
- Multiple Program Director/Principal Investigator Applications and Awards
- Construction, Modernization, or Major Alteration and Renovation of Research Facilities (this chapter also includes requirements for specified A&R activities under non-construction grants)
- Individual Fellowships and Institutional Research Training Grants (also termed "fellowships" and "training grants") under the Kirschstein-NRSA program
- Career Development Awards
- Modular Applications and Awards
- Support of Scientific Meetings (Conference Grants)
- Consortium Agreements
- Grants to Foreign Organizations, International Organizations, and Domestic Grants with a Foreign Component
- Grants to Federal Institutions and Payments to Federal Employees Under Grants
- Grants to For-Profit Organizations
- Research Patient Care Costs.