You are here
Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare - Institutional Responsibilities
|On This Page:|
- FAQ. What kind of administrative organization works best for ensuring compliance?
- Lab Animal. 2009; 38(4). (PDF - 208 KB) Multiple campuses, one IACUC: how many AVs?
- ILAR News. 1993; 35(3-4):68-70, question #2.
- View "Preparing for Animal Rights Extremist Activities at Your Institution – June 12, 2008 " (Flash – 55 min)
- FAQ. May institutions utilize the Guide for the Care and Use of Agricultural Animals in Agricultural Research and Teaching (Ag Guide) if their program includes traditional farm animals?
- Lab Animal. 2006; 35(4). (PDF - 85 KB) Conference wet lab: is an IACUC needed?
- FAQ. What are the institution's responsibilities in preparing for targeting by animal rights activists?
- View "Preparing for Animal Rights Extremist Activities at Your Institution" (Flash - 55 min)
- Lab Animal. 2007; 36(2). (PDF - 74 KB) New CEO, new IACUC?
- Lab Animal. 2006; 35(10). (PDF - 87 KB) Tackling investigator noncompliance.
- Lab Animal. 2000; 29(5). (PDF) Common Areas of Noncompliance.
- Lab Animal. 1994; 23(8). Compliance at the Institutional Level.
- Reporting Noncompliance
- FAQ. May cost be used as justification for not implementing animal welfare standards?
- Lab Animal 2014; 43(03). (PDF - 192 KB) Rationale for new model development.
- FAQ. Do grantee institutions need animal facility disaster plans?
- FAQ. How can institutions assure animal welfare when HVAC systems malfunction or fail?
- Lab Animal. 2002; 31(8). Disaster Recovery: "Who ya gonna call?”
- Disaster Planning and Response Resources
- PI eAlert. 2010; No. 8 (PDF - 322 KB) How Can I Prepare My Animal-Research Lab for an Earthquake?
- View "Disaster Planning" (Windows Media Player - 59 mins)
- FAQ. What is the difference between the Institutional Official and the Chief Executive Officer?
- Contemporary Topics. 1997; 36(2):47-50, question #3.
- FAQ. What is required for an occupational health and safety program?
- Lab Animal. 1995; 24(9):24-26, question #7.
- FAQ. What is OLAW's position on performance standards?
- FAQ. May performance standards determine housing issues?
- FAQ. May performance standards determine environmental enrichment issues?
- View "Performance Standards" (Windows Media Player - 47 Mins)
- FAQ. Is post approval monitoring required?
- Contemporary Topics. 1996; 35(5). Model for Performing Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee: Continuing Review of Animal Research.
- FAQ. What kind of training is necessary to comply with the PHS Policy and how frequently should it be provided?
- Lab Animal. 2010; 39(8). (PDF - 170 KB) Noncompliance in survival surgery technique.
- Lab Animal. 1995; 24(9):24-26, question #3.
- View "Training Issues"
Note: For help accessing PDF, RTF, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Audio or Video files, see Help Downloading Files.
This page last updated on May 2, 2016
Technical Issues: E-mail OER Webmaster