You are here
Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare - Topic Index
Animal Use and Management
|On This Page:|
- FAQ. Is the IACUC responsible for tracking animal usage?
- Lab Animal. 2016; 45(01). (PDF - 510 KB) When reducing numbers might increase pain.
- Lab Animal. 2010; 39(2). (PDF - 149 KB) Breeding without research.
- Lab Animal. 2006; 35(1). Should you count your mice before they're weaned?
- Lab Animal. 2008; 37(2). (PDF - 95 KB) Collaborative studies and animal reuse.
- Lab Animal. 2007; 36(3). (PDF - 71 KB) One animal, two protocols – an appropriate application of the 3Rs?
- FAQ. May an investigator transfer animals and research to an institution different than the grantee institution?
- Lab Animal. 2001; 30(3). A Pain in the Rat.
- Lab Animal. 2011; 40(11). (PDF - 179 KB) Quick action for an injured mouse.
- FAQ. Is social housing required for nonhuman primates when housed in a research setting?
- FAQ. Should positive reinforcement training be used for nonhuman primates?
- FAQ. May performance standards determine environmental enrichment issues?
- NOT-OD-10-121. Report on Site Visits to Chimpanzee Facilities and Associated Resources to Aid Grantee Institutions
- View "AC and OLAW Perspective on Nonhuman Primate Enrichment and Social Housing" (Flash)
- Report on OLAW Site Visits to Chimpanzee Facilities (PDF - 54 KB)
- OPRR Reports. 97-02, 5/30/1997. NASA Principles for the Ethical Care and Use of Animals
- View "Ethics and IACUC Responsibility" (Flash - 55 mins)
- FAQ. Is the use of carbon dioxide an acceptable euthanasia agent?
- Lab Animal 2013; 42(06). (PDF - 192 KB) Scientific justification for exemptions.
- NOT-OD-13-098. Grant and Contract Submission Requirements Regarding the AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals: 2013 Edition
- NOT-OD-08-005. Implementation of the Revised American Veterinary Medical Association Guidelines on Euthanasia
- NOT-OD-02-062. PHS Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals Clarification Regarding Use of Carbon Dioxide for Euthanasia of Small Laboratory Animals
- FAQ. May the IACUC approve deviations from the Guide for rodent (mice and rats) cage density?
- FAQ. May performance standards determine housing issues?
- FAQ. Can performance standards be used in determining rabbit housing practices?
- Lab Animal. 2007; 36(10). (PDF - 165 KB) Considerations for determining optimal mouse caging density.
- FAQ. Can IACUCs authorize the adoption of research animals as pets after the animals are no longer needed for study?
- P.I. eAlert.2009; No. 6. (PDF - 299 KB) Lab Rat O.K. as Pet?
- FAQ. Is the mouse ascites method an acceptable method of monoclonal antibody production?
- NOT-OD-00-019. Office of Extramural Research Guidance Concerning the Production of Monoclonal Antibodies in Animals
- OPRR Reports. 98-01, 11/17/1997. Production of Monoclonal Antibodies Using Mouse Ascites Method
- FAQ. Are major multiple survival surgical procedures permitted on a single animal?
- FAQ. Are laparoscopic procedures considered major surgery?
- Lab Animal eAlert. 2010; No. 17. (PDF - 336 KB) Is a laparoscopic serial liver biopsy considered ‘major' animal surgery?
- Contemporary Topics. 1997; 36(2):47-50, question #5.
- FAQ. May investigators use non-pharmaceutical-grade substances in animals?
- OLAW Online Seminar: Regulatory Considerations for Using Pharmaceutical Products in Research Involving Laboratory Animals
- Lab Animal. 2003; 32(9):33-36, question #3.
- FAQ. What are the institution's responsibilities in ensuring that animals are shipped safely and in reporting adverse events that occur in shipment of animals to or from the institution?
- FAQ. What are the requirements for conducting rodent survival surgery?
- Lab Animal. 2010; 39(8). (PDF - 170 KB) Noncompliance in survival surgery technique.
- ILAR News. 1993; 35(3-4):47-49, question #1.
This page last updated on April 26, 2016
Content Manager: email@example.com
Technical Issues: E-mail OER Webmaster