Notice Number: NOT-RM-06-012
Release Date: February 3, 2006
National Institutes of Health, (http://www.nih.gov)
On November 18, 2005 , the National Institutes of Health (NIH) issued a Request for Applications, RFA-RM-06-005, entitled “NIH Director's Pioneer Award Program (DP1).” This Notice is to inform the scientific community that the NIH is amending RFA-RM-06-005, “NIH Director's Pioneer Award Program (DP1)” as follows:
1. “Part 1. Overview Information.” The paragraph immediately above the RFA number should be deleted and replaced as indicated:
“Two steps are required for on time submission:
1) The application must be submitted to Grants.gov by 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time on the receipt date (see “Key Dates” below)
2) Applicants must complete a verification step in the eRA Commons within two business days of notification from NIH. Note: Since email can be unreliable, it is the responsibility of the applicant to periodically check on their application status in the Commons.”
In order for a submission to be considered on time, the application must be submitted to Grants.gov by 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time on the receipt date (see "Key Dates" below).
2. “Section IV. Application and Submission Information, 3.C. Application Processing. The second paragraph should be deleted and replaced as indicated:
“There will be acknowledgements of receipt of applications from Grants.gov, the NDPA Secure Web site, and the Commons . Information related to the assignment of an application for review is also in the Commons .”
“There will be acknowledgements of receipt of applications from Grants.gov and of the supplementary application information from the NDPA Secure Web site.
Note that it may take several weeks for applications to appear in the NIH Commons. Although Pioneer Award applications are submitted electronically, application receipt and processing has not been automated. As a result, it may take several weeks for applications to be processed and added to the NIH Commons.”
3. Section VIII. Other Information; Required Federal Citations.” The fourth paragraph should be deleted as indicated. A data sharing plan is not required at the time of application.
“Sharing Research Data:
Investigators submitting an NIH application seeking $500,000 or more in direct costs in any include a plan for data sharing or state why this is not possible (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/). Investigators should seek guidance from their institutions on issues related to institutional as local, State and Federal laws and regulations, including the Privacy Rule. Reviewers will but will not factor the plan into the determination of scientific merit or the priority score.”
Direct questions about scientific/research issues to:
Judith H. Greenberg , Ph.D.
Director, Division of Genetics and Developmental Biology
National Institute of General Medical Sciences
National Institutes of Health
Building 45, Room 2As25
Bethesda , Maryland 20892-6200
Fax : 301-480-2228
Weekly TOC for this Announcement
NIH Funding Opportunities and Notices
Office of Extramural
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
9000 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Department of Health
and Human Services (HHS)