Notice of Clarification Regarding the Additional Educational Information Required for PA-14-148 "Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award Individual Predoctoral Fellowship to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research (Parent F31 - Diversity)"
Notice Number: NOT-OD-14-095
Release Date: May 20, 2014
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
This Notice serves to reiterate and clarify instructions provided in Section IV.2 Content and Form of Application Submission, Other Project Information Form, Other Attachments of PA-14-148. Specifically,
- The information specified below must be provided in a document with the file name "Additional Educational Information"
- This document must be attached to the Other Project Information form under the Other Attachments section.
- All applications lacking this attachment will be considered incomplete and will not proceed to review.
Part 2. Section IV.2. Content and Form of Application Submission Other Project Information Form
The following additional educational information is required and should be attached under Other Attachments:
- Describe the graduate or dual-degree program in which the applicant is enrolled, e.g. the structure of the program, required milestones and their usual timing (e.g., number of courses, any teaching and clinical requirements, and qualifying exams), and the average time to degree over the past 10 years. For dual-degree applicants, the sequencing of the applicant's graduate and medical (or other health professional) school years should also be described. Describe the progress/status of the applicant in relation to the program’s time line, indicating when the applicant matriculated into the program and, if applicable, when the applicant is likely to transition to clinical years of the dual-degree program. Describe the frequency and method by which the program formally monitors and evaluates a student’s progress. This information is typically provided by the director of the graduate program or the department chair. The name of the individual providing the information should be included at the end of the attachment.
- Note that scores for standardized exams (e.g., MCAT, GRE) as well as a listing of the applicant’s courses and grades must be included in the Fellowship Applicant Biographical Sketch, and NOT in this attachment.
- Please name this attachment “Additional Educational Information.”
A certification letter is required and should be attached under Other Attachments:
- Applicants are required to attach a letter from the institution certifying eligibility of the Fellowship applicant for this program. The certification letter must be on institutional letterhead and scanned so that an institutional official signature is visible. See instructions in the SF424 (R&R) Individual Fellowship Application Guide.
- Please name this attachment “Certification Letter.”
The filename provided for each “Other Attachment” will be the name used for the bookmark in the electronic application in eRA Commons.
Please direct all inquiries to:
Henry Khachaturian, Ph.D.
Acting NIH Research Training Officer
NIH Office of Extramural Programs