NIH Encourages Applicants to Take Advantage of Subscription-based Electronic Mailing Lists for Updates on Electronic Applications and the eRA Commons
Notice Number: NOT-OD-09-047
Release Date: February 4, 2009
National Institutes of Health (NIH), (http://www.nih.gov)
Update: The following update relating to this announcement has been issued:
Related Guide Notice
- July 29, 2015 - Subscribe to Receive NIH eRA Service Information. See Notice NOT-OD-15-132.
In December 2007, NIH established two electronic mailing lists (listservs) to provide periodic updates on the electronic submission of grant applications and the eRA Commons, the online interface where research organizations and grantees can receive and transmit information about the administration of biomedical and behavioral research grant applications and awarded grants.
NIH strongly encourages applicants to take advantage of these listservs
as they provide a direct source for timely updates and incisive strategies for interacting electronically with NIH. The electronic mailings lists alert the research community to:
- Critical situations that may arise, particularly around high-volume receipt dates
- Changes to electronic submission deadlines due to system failures (e.g., extension of application correction or viewing windows)
- New features and functionality
- Scheduled service interruptions
- Known issues and workarounds
- Other items of interest
To subscribe/unsubscribe to the listservs, visit http://era.nih.gov/about_era/get_connected.cfm
NOTE: Although the eRA Commons mailing lists are a practical and convenient way to keep abreast of relevant news and updates, the NIH guide continues to be the formal repository for NIH information. Users should regularly check the NIH guide for announcements and notices that may affect their work.
Inquiries regarding this Notice should be directed to: