Notice Number: NOT-DA-14-037
Release Date: November 14, 2013
National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) will solicit proposals from qualified organizations to perform non-clinical ADME (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, and Excretion) studies in support of its medications development program. A solicitation will be released through the Federal Business Opportunities website (https://www.fbo.gov/). The RFP will be released on or about December 2, 2013 and proposals will be due approximately 45 days thereafter.
Research Initiative Details
In this effort, the contractor will be required to:
(1) Conduct the following studies: Bioavailability and pharmacokinetic, mass balance, tissue distribution, and toxicokinetic analysis of new potential medications;
(2) Provide analytical services such as structure identification of major metabolites by mass spectrometry or Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR);
(3) Develop specific assays for a potential medication and its metabolites in biological matrices;
(4) Use the following experimental designs and processes when conducting research on potential medications: (E.G. High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS), Liquid Chromatography with Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS), and Gas Chromatograph-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS);
(5) Abide by the Controlled Substances Act of 1970 and possess a DEA Registration for Chemical Analysis or Research Registration for Schedules II to V; and
(6) Demonstrate the capability to obtain a DEA registration for Schedule I controlled substances.
Please direct all inquiries to:
Weekly TOC for this Announcement
NIH Funding Opportunities and Notices
Department of Health
and Human Services (HHS)
NIH... Turning Discovery Into Health®
Note: For help accessing PDF, RTF, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Audio or Video files, see Help Downloading Files.