The Modular Research Grant Proposal: Features at a Glance
- Applies to research grant applications requesting up to $250,000 direct costs per year.
- Request total direct costs in modules of $25,000, reflecting appropriate support for the project. There will be no future year escalations.
- A typical modular grant application will request the same number of modules in each year.
- Provide budget narrative regarding all Personnel by position, role, and level of effort. This includes consultants, personnel on any Consortium/Contractual arrangement and any "to be appointed" positions.
- Include a total cost estimate for any Consortium/Contractual arrangements.
- Additional narrative budget justification will be required in the application only if there is a variation in the number of modules requested.
- Describe specific aims of research projects ongoing or completed during the last three years as part of the Biographical Sketch. The Biographical Sketch will be limited to four pages.
- SRG Recommended adjustments of the budget in modules.
- Request Other Support information "just-in-time" to determine overlap for likely award candidates.
- Request (prior to award) additional budget justification "just-in-time" only in exceptional circumstances.
- Award at SRG recommended or Institute's cost management plan level, taking other support into account.
- Make non-categorical, total direct cost awards.
- Eliminate the 25% rebudgeting requirement.
- Permit all types of administrative supplemental awards.
- Checklist to be submitted with the application.