Organizations interested in creating System-to-System (S2S) solutions to submit grant applications to NIH should first work with Grants.gov to establish S2S connectivity with the Grants.gov system. The Grants.gov website provides the basic information required to get started.
Once the S2S solution is tested with Grants.gov you will want to do further testing with NIH to ensure the solution can successfully submit applications that pass the NIH validations process.
- eRA System-enforced Validations
- Assembled Application Images
- eRA Web Services
- Enhancements and Validations in Development
- Known issues affecting S2S applications
- NIH Application Forms and Activity Code Mapping (Excel)
- List of Activity Codes Processed Electronically by eRA (PDF)
- NIH Electronic Multi-project Applications (PDF) – Reference for S2S solution providers
- NIH's SF424 (R&R) Application Guides
- S2S FAQs
NIH System-to-System Listserv
Subscribe for news and updates specific to system-to-system services and test environment information.
S2S Technical Support
Not all help desk agents are well versed in System-to-System (S2S) issues and they may need to forward your ticket to the S2S team.
This email address will get you directly to the team within the help desk most familiar with S2S issues. Be sure to include in your description whether your issue is in production or our Ext-UAT environment.
Web ticket: https://public.era.nih.gov/commonshelp
Use your production eRA Commons account to login to the ticketing system (even if the issue you are reporting is in Ext-UAT)
Note: If you do not have a production Commons account select the option for users ‘not able to login or don’t have an account’ and fill out requested information to enter a ticket rather than the additional steps below.
Initiate a New Ticket using the tab in the top navigation
Complete all required fields and as many optional fields as you can
Under 'I Need Help With' select 'Application Submission'
Under 'Request Details' select either 'S2S Production Support' or 'S2S UAT Support'
Regardless of which option you use to report your issue, you should get a support ticket number. Please reference the ticket number when making subsequent contacts on the same issue.
- To escalate tickets or provide feedback regarding support, please email eRAUSBLeads@od.nih.gov. This distribution includes eRA Service Desk leadership.