Steps for AOR/SO to check submission status
View detailed steps for AOR/SOs to check submission status including screen shots. (MS Word – 307 KB)
- Login to eRA Commons with your Signing Official (SO) account Username and Password.
- Click the Status tab and select the eApplications status. Within the eApplications Search screen you will have several options (e.g., search by PI eSubmission status, search by SO eSubmission status, date range, etc.).
IMPORTANT – Be sure to select the Show eSubmission Errors checkbox to include applications that did not pass eRA Commons error checking.
Once your selection criteria are entered, click on the Search button on the bottom of the screen.
- If the desired application has an Application Status of "eSubmission Error," follow the link on the Application ID to view specific error/warning messages. Warnings can be fixed at the applicant’s discretion but do not require action for the application to move on. Errors must be addressed before the application can move on.
- If the status shows as pending verification, click on the AN (accession number).
- Click on reapplication to view application image and scroll through to view entire application to make sure figures and attachments assembled appropriately.
- If anything looks amiss, or if the PI believes anything looks amiss, you, as the AOR/SO, have the ability to reject the application. The PI will be notified through the system of the rejection. You will then submit the corrected application back to Grants.gov, the application will be pulled back into the eRA Commons, and you will be able to view the new application image.
Steps for Correcting eRA-Identified Errors/Warnings
Steps for Rejecting an Application