|On This Page:|
- Grants.gov has transitioned from developing and supporting Federal grant application forms that used PureEdge software to forms that require the use of Adobe Reader in the fall of 2008. Currently, all electronic applications submitted to NIH via Grants.gov require the use of the Adobe-based forms.
- If you began work on a PureEdge-based application prior to the transition that you now intend to submit, you must return to the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) to download and complete the Adobe-based application forms. Grants.gov no longer supports PureEdge forms and therefore cannot accept any application submitted in PureEdge.
- Grants.gov requires the use of very specific Adobe Reader versions in order to open, download and save the application forms. Currently, applicants are advised to use Adobe Reader 8.1.3 or higher. Stay tuned to the Download Software page on the Grants.gov Web site for changes.
- In most circumstances, a pop-up warns users if they are using the wrong Adobe Reader version. Using the wrong version of Adobe could corrupt your application.
- A Walk Through the SF424 (R&R) (Updated April, 2009) - The presentation highlights the various sections of the SF424 (R&R) application forms with handy tips on filling out the forms.
(PowerPoint - 911 KB)
- Interacting Electronically with NIH (May 25, 2010) – This presentation provides an in-depth look at the electronic application process and covers how to find opportunities, submit to NIH via Grants.gov, and follow your application through to eRA Commons to complete your submission.
(PowerPoint - 4 MB)
- Adobe vs. PureEdge Forms: Side by Side Comparison (November 18, 2008)
(PDF - 33 KB)
- Sample Adobe R01 application package - This is a sample Adobe R01 application package for informational purposes only. We expect additional changes to the form before NIH transitions to Adobe. Do not use this package to actually submit a grant application!
- Animated Adobe tutorial (Adobe Flash presentation) (Grants.gov's Web site)
- Adobe FAQs. (Grants.gov's Web site)
(PDF - 338 KB)
- New Business Processes and Transition to Electronic Submission for Individual NRSA Fellowship (F) Applications
- Announcing a Delay in the Transition to Electronic Submission for "F" Awards and Confirming Plans to Transition "Ks" (January 28, 2009)
- Adobe-Based Grant Application Forms Now Available for All NIH Funding Opportunity Announcements Requiring Electronic Submission (January 28, 2009)
- Impact of NIH Transition to Adobe Forms on Appointed Members of NIH Chartered Study Sections (December 9, 2008)
- NIH Announces the Availability of Adobe-Based Grant Application Forms (December 5, 2008)
- NIH to Migrate FOAs; Applicants May Receive Automated E-mail from Grants.gov (December 4, 2008)
- Reminder and Clarification for Adobe Transition (November 24, 2008)
- Schedule for NIH/AHRQ/CDC/FDA Transition to Adobe-Based Forms (September 22, 2008)
- Adobe Pilot Application Guide Available (August 1, 2008)
- Pilot for Transition from PureEdge to Adobe-based forms (July 2, 2008)
- NIH/AHRQ Set Transition to Adobe for Dec. 2008 (May 23, 2008)
This page last updated on:
March 7, 2014